Suddenly…flame!

“Wow, my knee is hot,” I said. I have a cold and the medicine keeping me present, if not alert, had taken a toll on my reflexes.

As soon as I uttered the phrase though, my knee was not hot.  The chair I was about to sit on was glowing though.

My wife, cat like in her reflexes, quickly dampened the flame. She had been attempting to light candles when the match head snapped and flew in a direction far from desirable.

For as out of it as I was, the children shocked me by not noticing at all that the chair caught fire.  Sure it was a small fire, but they didn’t even ask why the chair was suddenly being beaten.  They just stared at the candles expectantly.

Second match did the trick and dinner continued as normal.  We’re planning on a real stick type lighter soon.

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s